FUAVE partner VTT has the following positions open at the moment:
1. Research / Senior Scientist, Connectivity of Autonomous Systems
We are looking for a Research Scientist or Senior Scientist to join our Autonomous Systems Connectivity team. As a Research Scientist or Senior Scientist, your key goals are carrying out and applying for research and customer projects in the field of future wireless communication technology (e.g., 5G, 5G-Advanced, 6G), especially, focusing on vertical industry use cases, involving smart and sustainable mobility and transport systems. You will strive to find solutions beyond the state of the art and experiment them either in real experimental systems, including 5G and beyond test networks, or utilizing network modelling and simulation tools; or possibly both. You will also be responsible for reporting and communicating the results of your research to project stakeholders and to academic community.
Who we are looking for:
- You hold a M.Sc. or D.Sc./Ph.D. degree in telecommunications or computer science and engineering.
- You have demonstrated knowledge and hands-on experience in working with wireless network technologies, including, for example, 5G, LTE, Wi-Fi, C-V2X, mesh technologies, satcom.
- You have understanding of the operation and optimization (e.g., using ML/AI) of wireless and end-to-end communication systems, including, protocols and key applications, for example, TCP/IP, IoT, video streaming, and edge/cloud computing.
- You have good programming (e.g., C/C++, Python) and software development skills.
- We also appreciate prior experience from wireless system modelling, algorithm design, and use of simulation tools.
- You are dedicated to rigorous and innovative scientific work and have some experience in publishing your research in international peer-reviewed journals or conferences.
- You look forward to working in an international context, together with industrial companies and research organizations, as well as to developing your capabilities towards acting as a project manager in industrial and/or research collaborations.
- Mandatory spoken and written fluency of English.
As a person, we hope that you are:
- A fast learner, who can work in a flexible and independent manner and collaborate with colleagues across different fields of science and technology. We appreciate curiosity, passion, and the ability to take a long-term perspective and find beyond-the-obvious solutions.
- A problem-solver, able to work autonomously in an open research environment. You enjoy coming up with your own innovative solutions to problems and designing a methodology to test and compare them with the prior art.
- A good communicator, who takes pride in their work and does not shy away from sharing their results with their colleagues and collaborators through presentations, demonstrations, and scientific publications.
- Eager to apply your skills on enabling future autonomous systems such as self-driving cars and unmanned aerial vehicles or drones.